Friday, June 29, 2012

So many pictures - so little time to post!

I guess if I didn't go fishing everyday I could spend more time posting pictures but I'd rather be fishing and taking pictures! :-)




So yesterday Willie caught this really weird looking fish. He's calling it a Yellow Eye. Apparently it's quite a catch and we will be bringing home the meat and eating it. Any way it's a big one and it's ugly!









The dock staff knows how to filet a fish and they know that Halibut cheeks are a delicacy and can cut them out and freeze pack them super-fast!  They also know how and where to find the fish’s ear bones. Did you know that fish have ear bones?!?! I didn’t! But they make beautiful jewelry. The young man working on the Yellow Eye was able to get the ear bones for us… here are pictures of them. Aren’t they interesting? They are supposed to be pure ivory.




 Cool huh!

PS These mosquitoes are eating us all alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment