Monday, June 18, 2012

Eagles

The day we got here one of the ‘neighbors’ brought a shark that they caught to share with us. I think I’ve talked about it before but now I have time to go into a little more detail and upload pictures too.  The shark was a 520 # Sleeper Shark. The Chef took a chunk of meat and some skin for something – I don’t have a clue what. They left the rest for the wild life. The eagles enjoyed the carcass more than anyone else and I enjoyed them enjoying it! It took them nearly a week to eat it all. The younger ones ate while the older ones stood guard but once in a while it was a free for all and about 20 of them ate at it at the same time. One dude just sat there the whole time looking like Barney Fife with a goofy look on his face, you’ll see him.  There are 2 young ones, they are the ugly ones.
One of them perched on the flag pole and watched from there, I went crazy snapping shots of him and then they started flying around and I just kept shooting.
They are like over grown sparrows. They sit in the trees and watch the world go by.










No comments:

Post a Comment