Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Saturday before we leave Alaska

We leave our little island on Sunday and I'm thinking about all the things I've seen and learned and know now. I'm afraid to say goodbyes! I've made so many new friends. It's hard to even comprehend that we were all brand new to Alaska, Doc Warners, and each other 5 weeks ago. Now I have 5 more daughters and 8 or 9 sons! And so many new great friends!



The "Permanent Staff" gave us a little going away party of sorts. Mitchell came and got us as we were packing Saturday night and took us to the "Gazebo". All of the permanent staff was there waiting for us! They yelled, "SURPRISE!!!" when we came thru the door. Kristina told us how much they loved us and how much a part of the family we were and they gave us each a Doc Warner's T-Shirt wrapped in twine with two "Hoochies" (one dark green and one light green), an Alaskan Christmas Ornament and hand written notes from everyone! Maxine made the card by hand! She is so super talented!

We shared and laughed and hugged and cried. We told them how impressed we were with the young staff and how hard they work without complaining. And the older staff that works just as tirelessly! We told them how impressed we were with the leadership - Kristina and Mark. We told Doc and Linda that we loved the property and all they've done with it and we could see the vision they had so many years ago when they started Doc Warner's!

I went to sleep smiling and crying at the same time! I don't want to leave this beautiful place and all these terrific people but I need to get home to my other family!

No comments:

Post a Comment