Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's time to leave...

The day I've dreaded is finally here. How can I say goodbye to this family???

Willie and I finish packing and find ourselves fighting with each other over silly things. After lunch we realize that we are both having a hard time leaving. We know we have to go back and we know our Albuquerque family is missing us and there is a busy week waiting for us but we just don't want to leave this wonderful place and the terrific people.

Lunch is over and our suitcases are waiting by the door. I'm frantically trying to upload all the pictures onto the Lodge computer but I can't get it done. There are so many and don't have the resources to copy them! I should be spending these last few minutes with people - not technology! I think I have 2 more hours, I can do this! Kristina comes in the lodge and announces that the plane is on the way and will be here in 20 minutes! I give up, I'll send the files another way - later.

Everyone is on the way to the dock. There are 9 of us leaving today. 6 have just been there one week. Diane has been there two. Us - 5 weeks. The float plane will bring the guests for next week and take the departing staff. I've seen this happen many times... There are hugs and tears and more hugs and more tears and lots of pictures being taken. Now it's time for me to be getting on the plane. Our plane can only hold 6 of us, including the pilot. Willie gets in first and sits up front. Then he hollers for me to get in - WAIT I NEED TO HUG KRISTINA AND SHAY AND AURORA AND MAXINE AGAIN!  But I'm being pushed to the ladder... Linda gets in next to me, Diane next to her... we are squished but a little wiggling and we fit. Then Lynn gets in the back with the luggage and fish.  Off we go! I'm waving the best I can but I don't think anyone even sees us leave... I'm crying.

The float plane takes off and I'm fascinated by the ocean I've been fishing on for the last 45 days! I try to take pictures but the card is full ! ? ! I start looking at the pictures and see that Shay has taken my camera and taken pictures of everyone for me! I love that girl!
Chad, Diane, Becky and Rick
Lynn and Linda

Me and Maxine

Me, Diane and Maxine

Me and Shay!

Shay with Linda

Shay with Willie

Shay with Mitchell

Shay with Autumn

Shay with Jacob

Shay with Kohle

Shay with Devin

Shay with Puppy and Aurora (Almost)

Oh, Shay with Autumn, again!

Shay with Maxine

Shay with Canyon
Shay with Diane
Just my Shay



The staff waving to the incoming plane - Becky, Shay, Bill, Diane, Dave and Kristina

Maxine zips the puppy into Aurora's jacket

Still waving to the plane. Jacob, Canyon, Autumn and Kohle

With Mitchell - our other son

and Jacob, our other son

And Kohle, Autumn, Jacob, Mitchell and Canyon - the other kids!

and with Mark Jr., our other son, too!

click on this to make it bigger, the white splashes are whales!
wait... is he reading a map???





One last batch of pictures from that day... The plane, the pilot, the whales and the fish boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment